Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering 9-11...Five years later

Today was a sad day...I watched most of the news coverage along with the the movie "The Path to 9-11." In all, it was tough to watch but my heart always goes out to the victims' families and those who lost their lives.

I was quite productive today in terms of job searching and networking. I emailed quite a few people in the magazine business and have already heard back from a good acquaintance in Ms. Sacha Cohen. I have had two interviews since graduation and I feel more confident having a couple under my belt.

I'm looking into applying to the NBC Page Program and have been corresponding with Pat Sandora who has been a huge help. There are a few other leads I am pursuing that seem promising as well.

In all, I am slightly disappointed that I haven't made it further in this journey since graduation but I try to remind myself that everything will happen when it's supposed to. Oh, and I'll add this for Mr. Weaver's amusement...I actually considered going back to school for my teaching certificate last week, but have since decided to actively pursue a writing career instead.

That's all for now. Hopefully more exciting updates to come soon!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's new with Amanda?

1:07 AM  
Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

I hope the page program calls ya!

6:16 AM  
Blogger B. Weaver said...

HOW'S CLEVELAND?

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home